Required Home Loan Documents

Documents Required for Home Loan in (VT) Vermont

Mansfield Mortgage Professionals are your local Vermont mortgage loan experts. Get the pre-approval process started by collecting the documents required for home loans in Vermont. Contact Mansfield Mortgage Professionals today to learn more about the loan process and all the required home loan documents!


To get the ball rolling, we will need the following documents at a minimum:

  • Past two (2) years W-2 statements: 2015 and 2016 tax years.
  • Pay Stubs covering the last (30) thirty days. If you only have one, that will work for now.
  • Photo ID
  • For self-employed borrowers, employed in sales, paid by commission, or if you own rental properties, we require Federal tax returns, all schedules 2014 and 2015 tax years.
  • If self employed through a corporation, last two years corporate returns, including the K1’s
  • Two most recent monthly bank statements, all pages.
  • Most recent transaction summary of 401K, IRA, or Mutual Fund Accounts. If you can’t find these, just give us a ballpark of your non-liquid assets and we can work with that for now.
  • Copy of the purchase and sale agreement/contract. (if you are already under contract with the sellers) . If you are under contract already, let us know so we can expedite this process for you so you can close on time.

Once we have your loan approved, you could be asked to provide the following if they apply to you. We will let you know which of these you would be required to provide as this is just a general list of items that you might be asked to provide.

  • A fully executed divorce decree, child support order, and property settlement agreement.
  • For a refinance…a copy of the deed, and most recent tax bill.
  • YTD profit and loss if you are self employed or are employed by a company of which you own more than 25%. (Ask us about this before your begin the process of obtaining it.)
  • Proof of rental history. We will let you know in the beginning of this process if you need to provide this to us. Depending on your credit history, you may or may not need this.
  • Letters explaining credit issues, collections, delinquencies, etc.
  • Social Security card. (Make sure it is signed.)
  • Proof of large deposits, if any.