FHA Loan Common Questions
|Check out our list of common questions related to FHA mortgages. Check out our list of common questions related to FHA mortgages.
What is the FHA?
What makes a FHA insured mortgage beneficial?
- FHA stands for the Federal Housing Administration. It was created in 1934 to help Americans get into homes.
Where can I find FHA forms and other literature?
What is the FHA loan limit in my area?
- A FHA insured mortgage is easy to qualify for, can be obtained with less than perfect credit, costs less and requires a smaller down-payment.
Can I pay an FHA loan off early?
- The loan limit across the country is different. Click here to see limits in your area.
Can a FHA insured loan help me lower energy costs?
- Yes, however be sure to check the pre-payment section of your contract before signing.
Is there a FHA program to help me refinance my loan?
- Yes, through the Energy Efficient Mortgages Program you can finance 100 percent of the cost of making your home more energy efficient. Contact us to see how.
Can I refinance a fixed rate FHA loan?
- Yes, the recently create FHASecure is one of the ways that we can help you refinance your current home loan. Contact us now to see what we can do for you.
What is the recommended debt-to-income ratio for FHA loans?
- Yes. Talk with one of our professionals today to see if refinancing makes sense for you.
Are FHA loans assumable?
- The recommended debt-to-income ratio for a FHA loan is 30%.
Will I have to pay mortgage insurance with an FHA loan?
- Absolutely, you can assume an existing FHA loan or allow a buyer to assume yours.
Can I get a "fixer-upper" of a home with a FHA mortgage?
- Yes, in fact FHA mortgages often require you to carry mortgage insurance for longer than most conventional loans.
- Yes, however you might be required to fix certain problems in the home before you can get the full loan. Speak with us today for details on this.
Mansfield Mortgage Professionals (NMLS# 93175) | Phone: 802-879-4200 | Fax: 866-390-8648
57 River Road, Suite 1009, Essex Junction, Vermont 05452